Early Sepsis Detection and Monitoring Tool
Every year, severe sepsis strikes more than one million Americans, and as many as 50 percent of those affected die from their infections – far more than U.S. deaths from prostate cancer, breast cancer and AIDS combined.
In fact, sepsis’ high mortality rates and the high associated costs of treating sepsis led the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to adopt stricter Sepsis reporting standards for hospitals that participate in its inpatient quality reporting program.
Sepsis DART is an innovative patient safety software tool that has the potential to make meaningful impact on reducing the number of deaths from sepsis. It is an early sepsis detection tool and an effective management tool for healthcare organizations to reduce mammoth operational costs, and unnecessary investment in the nation’s healthcare system used to treat the increased number of sepsis patients each year.
Address New CMS Reporting Guidelines
Fortunately, thanks to the launch of Sepsis DART®, hospitals and health systems have a new tool to assist in the early Sepsis detection and treatment. Developed by Brandix i3’s strategic partner, Ambient Clinical Analytics, Sepsis DART® is a real-time decision support tool that can help your organization with the following:
- Detect the potential onset of sepsis
- Send alerts to a pre-determined team of caregivers
- Provide decision-support for clinicians to confirm sepsis and to take action
- Monitor treatment
- Meet core measure goals for the Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock Management Bundle (including for ED)
Sepsis DART scientific publications:
1. Herasevich V, Pieper MS, Pulido J, Gajic O. Enrollment into a time sensitive clinical study in the critical care setting: results from computerized septic shock sniffer implementation. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011. doi:10.1136/amiajnl-2011-000228. PMID: 21508415
2. Herasevich V, Afessa B, Chute CG, Gajic O. Designing and testing computer based screening engine for severe sepsis/septic shock. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008:966. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18999146. PMID: 18999146
3. Harrison AM, Thongprayoon C, Kashyap R, et al. Developing the surveillance algorithm for detection of failure to recognize and treat severe sepsis. Mayo Clin Proc. 2015;90(2):166–75. PMID: 25576199
Sepsis DART Patent: Sepsis monitoring and control (US 8527449 B2)
“Excellent technical skills. Outstanding project management support such that Brandix i3 acts as part of our team. Great flexibility in scheduling resources and meeting our business and technical needs.”Sepsis Is Focus of New Vital Signs Report from CDC
Chief Technology Officer,
Ambient Clinical Analytics